Mary Ann and Melanie Porter
- Favorite Verse: James 4:14
- Favorite Hymn: “I’ll Fly Away”
- Serving as: nursery worker and sound board operator
- What I appreciate most about Manchester: The Word of God is preached from the Bible.
- Testimony:“God blessed me with Christian grandparents. They provided transportation for my mom and I to get to church. When I was around the age of 11, I said a prayer of Salvation and was baptized. Unfortunately, I didn’t really understand what I had done. In 1994, the plan of Salvation was explained to me. It was then I understood I was a sinner and needed Jesus in my heart to cleanse me of my sins. I accept Him as my Savior and was again baptized. God has blessed me in so many ways. I have a loving family, good health, a job, and a Bible teaching and preaching church.”
Mary Ann Porter
- Favorite Verse: Phil. 4:19
- Favorite Hymn: “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”
- Serving as: Sunday school teacher, kitchen and baptismal committee, and church chaperon
- What I appreciate most about Manchester: The teaching and preaching of God’s Word straight from the Bible. I enjoy being with our church family in worshiping and praising our LORD.
- Testimony:“I have always loved going to church and to Sunday school. Every change I got, I would go. I don’t remember hearing the plan of Salvation while I was growing up. When I was in my mid-twenties, God sent a couple of men who worked on the bus ministry at Calvary Baptist Church to our home. They invited us to attend church. The following Sunday, Wayne and I caught the bus and went to Calvary Baptist Church. God spoke to my heart that I needed Him to save me. He wanted me to go forward and confess that I am a sinner and I needed to get my life right with Him. I accepted Christ that day on May 28, 1972. I was baptized by Pastor Thomas Farmer. We moved from the city of Richmond to Chesterfield County. We had to quit going to Calvary because there was no bus ministry where we moved. My mother and father-in-law invited us to come to Manchester with them. On April 18, 1983, Melanie and I visited Manchester Baptist Church and we have been here since that day. I feel so blessed by how God has worked in the lives of my family here at Manchester. Melanie was saved and baptized, Wayne and Kim were baptized together. Wayne was called into the ministry. He served as Pastor Jarrell’s Assistant Pastor for many years. He became the pastor when God called Pastor Jarrell home in July of 2001. What a mighty God we serve!”
Maryann Porter went to be with the Lord on 3/10/16